Date: August 3, 2021
Due to a staffing shortage, we are unable to provide care 7:00am-8:00am. Our operating hours until further notice will be 8:00am-6:00pm. We know that this is an inconvenience for some of you and apologize. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to be able to offer a morning option for families.
COVID RELATED INFORMATION:
- Do not bring your child to Walnut Acres Children’s Center if any family member has any signs or symptoms of any illness, including, but not limited to: fever, flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), runny nose, coughing, fatigue, or extreme fussiness. If we assess that your child is not well enough to attend, we will be unable to accept him/her into the program for the day.
- If your child becomes ill while at WACC, s/he will rest in a designated area while you are contacted and requested to pick up immediately.
- If we have any cases of Covid-19 from families, staff members, or within our center in any way, we will notify the families, licensing, county health department and the district. We will work closely with the health department to create a plan and families will be given direction at that time for next steps.
- Teachers will be required to go through a temperature screening process before they enter the building. If anyone has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will be required to stay home for a minimum of 2 days before they are able to return.
- A.C.C. will do overall disinfecting at the end of each day, including, but not limited to:
- Tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, and other high-touch areas throughout the classroom
- Door handles, sink basin edge, sink faucet & handles, soap dispenser, toilet flush lever, toilet seat lid, paper towel holder in the bathroom to the best of our ability.
- Will have all children wash their hands frequently throughout the day at the following times:
- At arrival to childcare center
- Before and after eating
- After toileting
- After coughing or sneezing
- Will give reminders to wash hands for at least 20 seconds
- A.C.C. will follow county guidelines with regards to mask mandates. At this point all teachers and children are required to wear masks indoors regardless of their vaccination status. Children and vaccinated staff will be able to take their masks off while outside. If these mandates change, we will communicate with our families. I am happy to report that all of our staff have been 100% vaccinated!
NOTE: We are required to have the children practice physical distancing to the extent possible. Please be aware that even with a reduced number of children, we are not always able to create 6 feet of space.
CONTRACTS & FEE SCHEDULES
We have sent out updated contracts that offer 5 day a week care until 4:30pm or 6:00pm for extended care: and 2:30pm for our Enrichment program. Please have those filled out and turned in before 8/12. Please note that your child will be unable to come to the center until that contract has been turned in.
The contract is based off the total number of school days divided by 10 months (August-May) to ensure the same rate for every month.
Tuition will be due on the 1st of every month. We highly encourage our families to sign up for our automatic payment through Curacubby.
We ask for a 30-day notice if you need to make changes to your contracted hours. It is always easier to add hours than to decrease hours if you are already signed up for extended care.
At this point we will not be offering drop-in hours. If you are already enrolled for extended care and need to extend hours occasional, we can accommodate at $10/hr rate.
There are days when WAE is closed, and we remain open. On those days we can provide care from 8:00am-6:00pm at $55 per child. Space is limited on these days, so we encourage families to sign up as soon as possible. To register for Holiday Days, you must do so on Curacubby at least 2 weeks in advance to receive the $55 rate. The rate will increase to $65 a day once the 2-week mark has passed.
Once you sign up for a holiday you may cancel or change your days up to 2 weeks before the holiday. After the two weeks there are no refunds or exchanges.
SIGNING IN AND SIGNING YOUR CHILD OUT
Due to the current state of COVID-19 we are making an effort to control our environment as much as possible. This means that we are asking parents to sign in/out their children outside of our building at our sign in station by the front door or come in the front door and remain in our “lobby” area. Parents are welcome to look for their children outdoors but must get help from a staff member if their child is indoors.
Because we are licensed, it is a legal requirement for all children to be signed in and out. We are using Curacubby’s sign in & out system for our program. This means that you will be able to scan a QR code with your personal phone to complete the process. Please make sure that you have already established your 4-digit code on your Curacubby account before you come to the center.
SCHOOL HOURS SCHEDULE
Early Slip Kindergarten & TK 8:00 -11:25 M-F
Late Slip Kindergarten & TK 9:55 – 1:20, 9:00-12:15 W
First, Second, Third 8:00 – 2:29 W 12:25
Fourth & Fifth 8:00 – 2:40 W 12:23
Communication is one of our most important avenues toward safety and quality. Please do not hesitate to bring even small issues to us. Prompt communication may prevent bigger problems. Several avenues for this communication are:
* Parent Notebook – on the sign in/out station & counter. Enter anything concerning your child’s schedule on a particular day – releases to new people, special events or classes such as soccer, enrichment classes, etc.
* Parent Lending Library – We try to keep current books on hand dealing in everything from good nutrition to discipline.
* Talk to our Director Jaime Gonce, or Assistant Director Sarah Nelson via email; email@example.com. Please don’t carry a concern around with you.
You must call W.A.C.C. if your child is going to be absent for any reason. If you do not call in an absence three times, you will be charged $10, and up to $25 if the problem continues. If we expect your child and the child doesn’t show up, we spend time away from other children looking for the absent child. Please note that W.A.C.C. is not a part of the school. You must call both the school and W.A.C.C. if your child is absent.
CHANGES – HOME/OFFICE/ADDRESSES, PHONE #, and EMAILS
Please inform us immediately of changes in the above, or people authorized to pick up your children, or newly scheduled activities for your children.
LATE FEE AFTER 6:00
W.A.C.C. is closed at 6:00 PM and teachers are scheduled only until that time. After that we need to pay our teachers extra to stay with a child whose parents are late. After a 5-minute one time grace period, a $1.00/minute late fee is charged for picking up your child after 6:00. After 2 late times, the rate goes up to $2/minute and $3/minute, etc.
LATE PICKUP FEE BEYOND CONTRACTED HOURS
There is a 10-minute grace period on either end of your contracted hours. If you are late or early from your scheduled time you will automatically be charged on your account for an additional hour at the drop-In rate of $10.00 per hour.
PERSONAL TOY POLICY
Your child may bring personal toys to share or play with on two days only – Wednesday and Friday. They may bring any kind of toy except guns.
* Children may bring their electronic devices only on Wednesday; there is a limit of 30 minutes on Wednesdays for playing these games. Please put child’s name or label on the game.
* Jr. K’s and K’s are not allowed to bring any electronic devices.
* Cards like Pokeman, Magic, etc. may be brought only on Wednesdays and Fridays.
CELL PHONE POLICY FOR KIDS
4th and 5th graders are allowed to have cell phones and must follow the policy:
* Must ask to use their cell phone;
* May only call parents or relatives;
* May NOT take any pictures;
* Phones must be out of sight
LUNCH AND SNACK SUGGESTIONS
A daily snack is served between 2:30 – 3:00 and again at 5:00. We try to serve healthy snacks.
Please be conscientious about what you send for snack and lunch. The teachers who work with your children ask that you do not send sweets – candy, cookies, or artificial fruit or drinks. For some children the affect of sugar and/or food coloring is dramatic – hyperactivity, difficulty with self-control and getting along with other children. We have information on healthy foods for snacks and lunch. It is also important to realize that sometimes we do feast and celebrate occasions at daycare.
Homework time is offered Monday-Thursday from 4:00-5:00, (Wed. 3:30 – 4:30) in a schoolroom. If you want your child to participate, please sign up on the homework list at the sign in stations.
SPECIAL FIELD TRIPS
Since school is out at 12:30 on Wednesdays, this is a good day to take field trips around the area. The center has 2 vans that each hold 8 kids. You have already signed a form allowing or not allowing your child to go on these trips. There will be a permission slip that must be signed by parents before each trip.
An important part of our curriculum is to provide children with opportunities to serve others. We do this throughout the year. Please encourage your child to participate in helping others.
LITTLE ACRES (Jr.K), TK, & KINDERGARTEN ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
For children 4 years 9 months our Little Acres program acts as a bridge into kindergarten with a curriculum that includes reading, writing, movement, dramatic play and science! The teachers work with the California Pre-K Standards, and the 7 Multiple Intelligences.
For kindergarteners a daily enrichment program is offered which includes a continuation of their kindergarten day with stations that include art, science, carpentry, movement, dramatic play, and much more!
Kindergartners are walked to and picked up from class by W.A.C.C. teachers. Please let the kindergarten teacher know if your child is attending our center after school.